Changing Port Numbers in Microsoft CRM
No I am not writing about the Dubai buying a bunch of US Ports… But let’s just say you installed CRM without REALLY reading all of the install screens. And then after the fact you wanted to run http://crm instead of http://crm:5555 So how do you do this?
1) Start the IIS Manager.
2) Right Click on the CRM Site.
3) Select Properties
4) Under WEB Site TAB, click on Advance Button.
5) Select Default and click on Edit.
6) Change the TCP Port number to the desired port Number. Click OK, close IIS Manager.
7) Run IISRESET command.
8) Open Regedit.
9) Goto HKey_Local_Machine=>Software=>Microsoft=>MSCRM
10) Right click SERVERUrl on right side, select modify.
11) Change the old port number to new port number.
12) Close Regedit.
You now also need to modify any clients you have to point to the new port number. (Look for a registry setting on the client in the same place. J)
Thanks to Prashanth from the Tele PTS Team for the cool answer. (There is a whole other post in the works on how to use that team… Those guys rock for CRM pre-sales questions.) Menno was gracious enough to provide the screen shot as I was too lazy to fire up CRM to get the one above.
This post contains information about modifying the registry. Before you modify the registry, make sure to back it up and make sure that you understand how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For information about how to back up, restore, and edit the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: