Some Reflections on PDC 2008 - Must Watch Sessions (Day 1)
A few suggestions for sessions you might want to watch. By no means does this mean other sessions on Day 1 are not worth watching! These are just sessions I went to myself and found to be useful or heard good things about from others.
- It's the keynote after all so you have to watch it. Lots of great information in there as well as the announcements about Windows Azure and the Azure Services Platform. It does get a little slow at times but worth watching for the crazy red shoes alone (and the UK Bluehoo demo).
- I wanted to go to this session but both the main room and the overflow were full so I had to go and get a coffee instead. Any session that can draw people like this has to be worth watching. The F# session on the last day was a but like this.
- Lots of great information in here about ASP.NET 4.0 (see my blog post here for a summary) though it perhaps falls a little short of being a great session.
- Well, what can I say. Incredibly popular session and all I heard was great things about it. On my "must watch" list.
- I didn't stay for all of it because it was an introduction to MVC so I didn't expect to learn very much but I was enjoying it and it would be a great session to watch if you're new to ASP.NET MVC or haven't played with it much. If you have played with it a bit, maybe skip the early part - I'm sure there'll be some nuggets later on.
- Great session from Steve Marx. Serves as a great introduction to Windows Azure, the developer tools and storage options.