Classic ASP page template for VS 2005
1. Download ASPPage.zip and place it in ...\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\Web\VisualBasic\1033. You may want to also add it to ...\Web\CSharp\1033 and ..\Web\JSharp\1033.
2. Open command prompt window and go to ...\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE.
3. Run devenv /setup.
4. Run devenv normally.
5. Open/create a Web site, right click on the Web site node in the Solution Explorer and choose Add New Item... You should now see Active Server Page item in the list.
The template is for VBSsript. You can change the language in the page directive easily after the page is added. You don't have to close and reopen the file after you change the scripting language.
If you also want classic ASP in the File | New dialog:
1. Open ASPPage.zip file.
2. Extract ASPPage.asp into ...\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\NewFileItems
3. Rename file to ASP Page.asp (note the space).
4. Run devenv /setup again as listed above.