New XQuery and XSLT Working Drafts: We are making progress!
The XML Query and XSL Working Groups have released the following Working Drafts of XML Query 1.0, XSL 2.0, XPath 2.0 and supporting documents. The goal of this release is to permit public review of changes made in response to Last Call comments. These documents are very close to the so called Candiate Recommendation that we hope to be able to publish soon. Yeah! We are making progress! Even though my issue with the spec has been closed without making the proposed change (minority opinion, here I come)...
- XQuery 1.0: An XML Query Language
- XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Data Model
- XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Functions and Operators
- XSLT 2.0 and XQuery 1.0 Serialization
- XML Syntax for XQuery 1.0 (XQueryX)
- XQuery 1.0 and XPath 2.0 Formal Semantics
- XML Query Use Cases
- XML Path Language (XPath) 2.0
- XSL Transformations (XSLT) Version 2.0
Also published are the following updated Working Drafts which have not yet reached Last Call:
PS: Thanks to the editors and especially Norm who again did a terrific job on getting the docs ready...