Accessibility Toolkit for SharePoint v2.0 Released
Hi Software and Microsoft recently released version 2.0 of the Accessibility Toolkit for SharePoint. The intent of this solution is to provide a accessible development framework for Office SharePoint Server environments.
Key features of AKS v2.0 include:
- Smart Control adapters which greatly reduce the amount of custom configuration previously required for AKS control adapters.
- The Web Part Zone Control Adapter, a special Smart Adapter that modifies the output of SharePoint so that it does not use tables for layout of the Web parts.
- HiSoftware’s Compliant Code Engine (HCCE) to assist organizations in creating code that is compliant to standards-based HTML or XHTML.
- Additional requirements under Canadian Common Look and Feel 2.0 (CLF 2.0) guidelines.
- Examples of remediation to comply with WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
- French language version of AKS components.