WEBCAST: What's New for Web Developers in Visual Studio 2008 & the .NET Framework 3.5
NOTE: This is an updated delivery of a similarly titled webcast. The demos are update for the final release of Visual Studio 2008. Due to the amount of content, I have pulled out the "ASP.NET Futures" (now called the Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions Preview) portion at the end. I will be doing a full webcast on the Microsoft ASP.NET 3.5 Extensions Preview in March.
This session will cover some of the great new features in Visual Studio 2008. Learn how web development with .NET continues to improve and evolve. We will be covering:
- Targeting a specific version of the .NET Framework (2.0, 3.0, 3.5)
- The new ASP.NET page designer (split view, CSS and improved layout support, nested master pages, etc.)
- Better control of markup & hierarchical data binding using the new ListView control
- ASP.NET AJAX
- New design time experience for extender controls
- AJAX Web Part drag and drop
- More controls supported in the UpdatePanel (menu, treeview, etc.)
- Debugging improvements
- Simplify data access with LINQ to SQL & the LinqDataSource
January 23rd 2:00P-3:30P EST (11:00A-12:30P PST)
Register at this link:
Note: Audio will be via the Internet. Your machine will need a speaker.