DevCamp: Building Apps for Office 365 and SharePoint
What if you could build Microsoft Office and SharePoint 2013 productivity solutions using standard web technologies and distribute them worldwide from the Office Store (currently in beta) on Office.com? Well, you can!
The all new cloud app extensibility model for Office and SharePoint 2013 enables building a whole new class of productivity solutions for Office and SharePoint. And the new Office Store on Office.com provides the venue for these apps to be delivered to millions of Office and Office 365 SharePoint Online users worldwide.
Sign Up- https://msevents.microsoft.com/cui/EventDetail.aspx?culture=en-DK&EventID=1032583953&IO=aH76d9g4fNJj94WeqA9S7A%3d%3d
Bring your laptop to the training. Make sure your developer environment is installed on the laptop, if not make sure you can access it remotely.
· Sign up for the free Office 365 Developer Site preview here.
· Install Office 2013 desktop clients from your developer site to your development environment.
· Bring your own developer environment on your laptop or have access to this environment for website development/ deployment.
· Visual Studio 2012 Pro or above and the Office Developer Tools (Note: You can download VS 2012 Pro as a free trial, see link below. For those that don’t typically use VS, there are some parts of the workshop that rely on VS since tooling for some of the packaging is not yet available for other platforms. If your laptop OS does not support a Visual Studio 2012 install, you can use Napa on your Office 365 developer site while at the event).
· See the Tools section here. (If you have a trial of Visual Studio 2013 Preview or RC, then the tools are already in the install.)
· Visit dev.office.com and read up on apps for Office and SharePoint.
· Have your own hosted web server for deploying your web site.
o If you don’t have one, sign up for a Windows Azure free trial here and learn about Windows Azure Web Sites.