Web Industry Professionals Association goes live.
WIPA is an organisation that brings Australian Web professionals together to exchange ideas, participate in debate, advance education and promote ethical practice
To do this WIPA aims to focus on:
- Providing information and assistance to Web industry professionals through forums, mail lists, seminars, events and workshops
- Providing assistance to individuals who are trying to enter the Web industry
- Lobbying governments and decision makers, when required, on behalf of Web industry professionals
- Educating the broader public about roles and responsibilities of Web professionals
- Being a catalyst for change within the Web industry
- Collating best practice guidelines and policies for dissemination to members
- Working with other industry and special interest groups to improve the Web industry
If this sounds like your cup of tea, then head on over and signup!