Accenture, Avanade and Microsoft partner for life cycle management of DSM programs
The world of Demand-side management (DSM) involves reducing electricity use through activities or programs that promote electric energy efficiency or conservation, or more efficient management of electric energy loads. DSM programs can help customers manage electric usage, keeps rates low, help improve the environment and can even help a Utility avoid building power plants.
DSM programs have been around for years and have been designed for things like promoting high efficiency building practices, the purchase of energy-efficient products, transition to compact fluorescent lighting, and Utility control of customer air conditioners. The actual management of these programs have typically been done with paper and spreadsheets.
However, with the collision of energy and the environment Utilities are now looking for next-generation demand-side management programs to incent the radical shift in energy consumption required to meet government mandates. What has become obvious is that Utilities just don’t have the right tools and processes in place and they are struggling with disparate business processes and technologies which hinder operational efficiency and high performance of these DSM programs.
For utilities seeking to manage their demand-side management programs portfolio, we have partnered with Accenture and Avanade to offer a modular, scalable and cost-effective solution built on Dynamics CRM. This DSM provides extensive capabilities for the support and management of the life cycle of energy efficiency and conservation and partial demand-response programs to help utilities better engage with customers, vendors and partners and succeed in the transforming utilities landscape. In a nut shell, this new solution allows Utilities to:
• Deliver verifiable, cost-effective and energy-efficient savings.
• Achieve rapid speed to market of new DSM programs while reducing total cost of ownership of the DSM system
• Effectively address regulatory reporting compliance requirements
• Manage DSM in a single system with streamlined/automated workflows and integrated reporting
• Accelerate program delivery via integration with Accenture’s High Performance Utility Model (HPUM)
• Enhanced for delivery in the cloud via Avanade Online Services for CRM–a complete, end-to-end software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform–or Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
• Can be deployed in various modes and on the same code base: On-premises, hosted, SaaS or hybrid deployment model
• Able to transparently move between on- and off-premise
It’s a terrific solution to help Utilities to manage the life cycle of energy efficiency and conservation programs as well as support partial demand response program management and meet the regulatory reporting requirements. I encourage you to check it out here. – Jon C. Arnold