Review my performance – Your input counts!
For any of you that have been following me over the years, you know that I have been very open about my goal in my role to help increase the satisfaction of Microsoft partners around the world in working with Microsoft through things like: helping provide information of value and interest, providing correct answers to questions (even when it is not the popular answer), helping address concerns and opportunities, directing you to relevant and important information, providing avenues for input into and out of Microsoft, connection opportunities with Microsoft, and much, much more. (In fact, I have this openly stated on my overview page about me) This year has been no exception.
Now is your opportunity to provide your input and feedback into how I am doing. Here at Microsoft, as many of you know, our fiscal year runs July 1 – June 30, which means we are approaching the end of our year here in a few weeks. Like every other company, we do annual performance reviews internally where people’s performances are evaluated to determine how well they are performing. Since I focus so much of my time to helping organizations outside of Microsoft, like our Microsoft partners around the world, I am providing you with an opportunity to have your voice heard in evaluating how I am doing.
Here are answers to a few questions I figured some of you may have:
- How long will this take me to complete?
- It can take you as little as 1-2 minutes to complete or as much time as you want. There are only six questions on the survey, many which are check boxes, and there are open comment areas as well if you want to provide in-depth comments also
- Do I have to disclose my name or contact information to submit feedback?
- No, I am not requiring your name or contact information for submission (just country); however, I am providing the opportunity for you to provide it if you wish and would appreciate you sharing as much as you are comfortable with
- “Lurkers” – As you know, there are many, many people around the world that classify themselves as “lurkers,” those people who consume information from blogs,Twitter, Linkedin, etc. without interacting or speaking up in those forums. I would love to hear from any of you that consume the information I provide, even if we have not had the opportunity to connect 1:1, to hear about your feedback on the information I am providing and your satisfaction with it. This is also another reason I am allowing input without personal disclosure.
- Is this open to Microsoft partners only?
- No, I am making the survey available broadly since I have worked with many different types of people and companies over the past year regarding engagement with Microsoft (Partners, corporate customers, individuals, reporters/press, etc.)
- Is the survey open to people worldwide?
- Yes, since my role spans the world, I am opening up this opportunity worldwide.
- Is this to review Microsoft’s performance or yours?
- This performance review is designed to be for my performance, not an overall performance of Microsoft. For instance, you may absolutely LOVE Windows 7 and think it is the greatest thing Microsoft has ever developed; however, I personally did not develop Windows 7, so I would be interested in your opinion of the information and resources I provided to you about Windows 7 (like my: More Windows 7 Resources and Training Sessions for you blog post) vs. general input on Windows 7 itself. Make sense?
- You are opening up input on your performance broadly externally around the world? Are you insane?
- Well, feel free to include your opinion of my sanity in my online performance review form if you wish; however, I really do want to hear from you, the broad community I have the opportunity to work with on how well I am performing.
- Why are you doing this again?
- As I’ve said before, “As a partner driven company, the only way we are successful is if you are successful, so you have noooo idea how motivated we are to make sure you are REALLLY successful!” As such, I am very interested in your perspectives on how I am performing in helping improve your satisfaction and relationship with Microsoft in order to help you be successful.
Ready to give your input on my performance? Access the online performance review form and get started. I thank you in advance for your time in providing me with your input and feedback on how I am doing so far and how to continue to improve in the future.
Thank you and have a wonderful day,
Eric Ligman – Follow me on TWITTER, LinkedIn, and RSS and see “What I’m thinking”
Global Partner Experience Lead
Microsoft Worldwide Partner Group
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights