Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool with New Hotfix Patch Available for DST
Microsoft Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool and New Patch
Please find attached the documentation for the released Patch for the Microsoft Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool. (The existing tool is available on the Download Center).
Scenarios Addressed by the Patch for the Microsoft Outlook Time Zone Data Update Tool:
This is a summary of five different scenarios captured in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 933146 that you may encounter as you update your Exchange organization with the Daylight Saving Time (DST) 2007 updates, and how you can address these scenarios using the patch for the Microsoft Outlook Time Zone Data Update tool. The patch includes additional command-line parameters that have been added to the Outlook Time Zone Data Update tool specifically to address these five scenarios:
1) Ensuring that single instance items created after the date on which the operating system time zone updates were applied are not rebased.
2) Rebasing calendar items and suppressing calendar updates.
3) Rebasing resource mailboxes.
4) Rebasing calendars items stored in public folders.
5) Reporting the changes made by the Outlook Time Zone Data Update tool.
For more details please see these Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles:
· KB article 931667 “How to address the daylight saving time changes in 2007 by using the Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook”
· KB article 933146 “Description of the hotfix package for the Time Zone Data Update tool for Microsoft Office Outlook”
This currently encompasses the released offerings from Outlook Team prior to the Daylight Saving switch on March 11th. Please review these scenarios carefully and pay close attention to the issues outlined for each of the scenarios that are addressed in this Patch. Each of these must be considered very carefully keeping in mind your environment. While we evaluate every issue on an individual customer basis, the hard time constraint of the March 11th change for Daylight Saving Time means that there will be no further updates to the Outlook tool before the time change occurs. New issues will still be evaluated and included for future needs.