IIS SEO Toolkit Beta Now Available
Today, we announced the IIS Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Toolkit Beta – a free toolkit that helps Web developers, hosting providers, and server administrators improve their sites’ relevance in search results by recommending how to make them more search engine-friendly.
The SEO Toolkit Beta is available for installation via the Microsoft Web Platform Installer 2.0 Beta.
The IIS SEO Toolkit Beta is a piece of the larger Microsoft Web Platform strategy, which enables developers and end-users to build great websites, experiences, and achieve success in the Web ecosystem.
The IIS SEO Toolkit can:
- Improve the volume and quality of traffic to Web site from search engines
- Control how search engines access and display Web content
- Inform search engines about locations that are available for indexing
The IIS SEO Toolkit includes three modules that integrate with IIS Manager:
- Site Analysis, which suggests changes that can help improve the volume and quality of traffic to your Web site from search engines;
- Robots Exclusion, which makes it easier to control and restrict the content that search engines index and display; and
- Sitemaps and Site Indexes, which can help inform search engines about locations that are available for indexing.
The IIS SEO Toolkit Beta can be installed with the Microsoft Web Platform Installer 2.0 Beta.
- For more information, visit: http://www.iis.net/extensions/SEOToolkit
- For more information on the Microsoft Web Platform, visit www.microsoft.com/web
To follow Microsoft Web Platform on Twitter: www.twitter.com/mswebplatform
Thanks for checking out this post!