Microsoft Office Migration Planning Manager 2010 (OMPM)
The OMPM utility is available for download from our web site in order to help you analyze your files and applications compatibility while preparing your Office 2010 migration.
Here is the announcement, source http://blogs.technet.com/b/office2010/archive/2010/08/09/microsoft-office-2010-file-compatibility.aspx :
Have you been looking for a tool to help you assess compatibility of your existing Office files and macros as you prepare to deploy Microsoft Office 2010? We have recently released the tool to help you identify potential concerns before you migrate. The Office Migration Planning Manger 2010, referred to as OMPM, has been released to help you assess and migrate documents for Office 2010.
Download OMPM 2010 from the Microsoft download center, and yes it’s free.
The OMPM tool has been created to assist IT Professionals looking after Office deployments. This tool can help you discover and assess compatibility of existing Office documents for migration from the binary document formats (Office 97-2003: .doc, .xls, etc.) to Open XML formats (Office 2007 and beyond: .docx, .xlsx, etc.). Additionally OMPM 2010 adds features to assess macro compatibility with Office 2010 and 64 bit Office compatibility. The toolkit also contains the Office File Converter (OFC) which enables bulk document conversions from binary to Open XML formats.
The OMPM tool was first released with Microsoft Office 2007, so some of you might be aware of its prior features. The following highlights the improvements the team focused on delivering with OMPM 2010:
· Bulk Macro Compatibility Scanning – incorporates logic from Office Code Compatibility Inspector (OCCI) tool to produce count of potential number of VBA issues due to changes in object model. A new option in the offscan.ini file enables activation of this scan.
· Bulk 64-bit compatibility scanning - incorporates logic from OCCI tool to produce count of potential number of 64-bit (declare) VBA issues due use of 64-bit Office. A new option in the offscan.ini file enables activation of this scan.
· Pre-defined date filtering for scans – new configuration options are available in the Offscan.ini file to allow exclusion of files based on last accessed or last modified dates. Files which are skipped are logged.
· SQL 2008/SQL 2008 R2 support – Support for SQL Server 2008 and 2008 R2 has been enabled, remains compatible with SQL 2005.
· Various bug fixes – several existing OMPM and OFC bugs have been included for correction in this release. A partial list includes: old create date files failing on import, OFC conversion does not complete, etc. Of course – you should expect it to work!
The core new feature was incorporating the macro VBA code scanning function you have seen featured in the OCCI tool in a bulk scanning approach. A new view has been added to the OMPM 2010 reporting database providing a quick view of the files containing macros which have potential macro compatibility issues resulting either from changes in the object model or compatibility with 64-bit Office 2010. You have ability to configure which of the macro scan types you want the OMPM scanner to execute when you configure the scanner.