Microsoft SQL Server 2008 CTP, November 2007
Download the latest SQL Server 2008 Community Technology Preview (CTP) and try out the latest features of SQL Server 2008! The SQL Server development team uses your CTP feedback to help refine and enhance product features. Download it today and send your feedback.
Microsoft SQL Server 2008, the next release of Microsoft SQL Server, provides a comprehensive data platform that is more secure, reliable, manageable and scalable for your mission critical applications, while enabling developers to create new applications that can store and consume any type of data on any device, and enabling all your users to make informed decisions with relevant insights.
This CTP will automatically expire after 180 days.
Register for a Guided Evaluation Experience
- IT Professionals: Register on TechNet Evaluation Center to receive SQL Server 2008 resources specifically selected for IT Professionals.
- Developers: Register on MSDN Evaluation Center to receive SQL Server 2008 resources specifically selected for Developers.
Note: You can also try a CTP version of SQL Server 2008 Express Edition. This free, fully functional edition of SQL Server 2008 is ideal for learning and running desktop and small server database applications. SQL Server 2008 Express supports 1 CPU, 1 GB of RAM and databases that are up to 4GB in size. This software also automatically expires after 180 days.
- Supported Operating Systems: Longhorn (Windows Code Name) ; Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2; Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2
For all download types
- 32-bit systems: Computer with Intel or compatible Pentium III 600 MHz or faster processor (1 GHz or faster is recommended)
- 64-bit systems: 1 GHz or higher processor
- Minimum of 512 MB of RAM (1 GB or more is recommended)
- 675 MB of available hard disk space
Note: If you want to use this SQL Server 2008 CTP with Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, you also need to obtain the update Visual Studio 2005 Support for SQL Server 2008 CTP.