SysCenter Operations Manager 2007 SP1 RC Released to the connect site
The release candidate for Service Pack 1 of SCOM07 has been posted to the http://connect.microsoft.com/systemcenter website.
The high level themes of this service pack are:
- Address critical customer initiated issues including roll-up of all hotfixes
- Make the product easier to support
- Make the product easier to use
- Make the product easier to deploy
Key things to note:
- Read the accompanying release notes and upgrade guide and carefully follow the instructions.
- This is a fully supported release - support is available via the standard Microsoft Support channels and also via our public Newsgroups Microsoft.public.opsmgr.sp1
- The release candidate will be fully upgradable to the final RTM release of SP1 (currently scheduled for mid-February 2008)
The new features that are in Operations Manager 2007 SP1 are:
- Improved performance and reliability when working with alerts, overrides, and searches.
- In all Alert views, performance has been increased through better fetching and yields alert row selection that is three times quicker. Actions and reports are fetched in the background, which further improves performance. Alert knowledge that is displayed in the Alert Details pane can be shown or hidden according to the user's preference.
- Operations Manager 2007 advanced search has been improved by enabling the ability to search across monitors and rules by their overrides.
- Support for the discovery and monitoring of both SNMP v1 and SNMP v2 network devices. Users can select which SNMP Community Version to search for in the Discovery Wizard.
- Support for exporting Operations Manager 2007 diagrams to Microsoft Visio VDX file format. Note that the Visio button is located on the toolbar when in a diagram view. Diagram layouts can now be saved and will be remembered when the diagram view is selected again.
- Support for copying and pasting (CTRL+C and CTRL+V) from the Alert details pane.
Please note that this is a service pack for the application/platform not a service pack for the management packs.