System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007
The VMM 2008 Management Pack monitors virtual machines running on Hyper-V, Microsoft Virtual Server, and VMware ESX Server hosts that VMM is managing, as well as the managed virtual machine hosts, library servers, and other VMM components.
This management pack is tightly integrated with VMM 2008 to implement the following features:
- Comprehensive health monitoring of virtual machines
- Performance and Resource Optimization (PRO) in VMM
- VMM reports
- Diagram views available from the VMM Administrator Console
- Note: The Microsoft.SystemCenter.VirtualMachineManager.Pro.2008.Public class in the System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 PRO Library management pack has been redefined as an abstract class.
This update to the MP includes updated reports for all platforms that we manage (VS, Hyper-V, and VMware) :
· Virtualization candidates - Helps identify physical computers that are good candidates for conversion to virtual machines. The Virtualization Candidates report displays average values for a set of commonly requested performance counters for CPU, memory, and disk usage, along with hardware configuration, including processor speed, number of processors, and total RAM.
· VM utilization - Provides information about your virtual machines. For the identified time, this report shows average usage and total or maximums for virtual machine processors, memory, and disk space.
· Host utilization - Shows the number of virtual machines running per host. For the identified time and host group, this report shows average usage and total or maximums for host processors, memory, and disk space.
· Host utilization growth - Shows the percentage growth of host resources and number of virtual machines running for the identified time period.
· VM allocation - Provides information you can use to calculate chargeback to cost centers for virtual machines.
This is now available for download here.