WSUS 3.0 SP2 Beta Program now available
The WSUS 3.0 SP2 beta is now available via the Microsoft Connect site. WSUS 3.0 SP2 addresses a number of product features and fixes which includes the addition of support for Windows Server 2008 R2. This Beta program will end in March 2008, so we encourage you to report your bugs by then. Please note this is a Beta Release therefore not intended to be run in a production environment.
WSUS 3.0 SP2 Beta Overview
New Windows Server and Client Version Support
· Integration with Windows Server® 2008 R2
· Support for Windows 7® client
· Support for the BranchCache feature on Windows Server® 2008 R2
WSUS Beta Feature Improvements and Fixes
· New functionality lets you specify the approval deadline date and time.
· You can now apply a rule to all computers or to specific computer groups.
Update Files and Languages
· This release provides improved handling of language selection on downstream servers. A new warning dialog appears when you download updates only for specified languages.
· The user interface is compatible between Service Pack 1 and Service Pack 2 for WSUS 3.0 on both the client and the server.
· Stability and reliability fixes for the WSUS server, such as support for IPV6 addresses greater than 40 characters.
· The approval dialog now sorts computer groups alphabetically by group name.
· Computer status report sorting icons are now functional in x64 environments.
· Fixed setup issues with database servers running Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008.