Windows Server 2012 Online Virtual Labs
Experience Windows Server 2012 firsthand in these virtual labs. You can test drive new and improved features and functionality, including server management and Windows PowerShell, networking, Hyper-V, and new storage solutions.
- Active Directory Deployment and Management Enhancements In this lab, you will learn how to deploy Active Directory Domain Controllers with Windows Server 2012. You will deploy domain controllers using the new Server Manager, as well as deploying remote domain controllers using Windows PowerShell. You will be able to explore the new Active Directory Management tool and use its PowerShell History Viewer.
- Configuring a Highly Available iSCSI Target In this lab, you will learn how Windows Server 2012 can provide storage remotely to any machine. You will build clusters using shared storage and build iSCSI high-availability instances--observing highly available application communication during cluster failover.
- Configuring Hyper-V over Highly Available SMB Storage In this lab, you will learn how to configure a file server cluster to support running Hyper-V virtual machines from SMB file shares. You will create the file share, configure delegation, and then create a new VM on SMB storage.
- Getting Started with Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V Replication Asynchronous, application-consistent virtual machine replication is now built in to Windows Server 2012. It permits replication of Hyper-V virtual machines between two locations for business continuity and failure recovery. In this lab, you will learn how to configure and manage this technology.
- Implementing Storage Pools and Storage Spaces In this lab, you will work with the new storage spaces technology in Windows Server 2012. You will first create new storage pools and virtual disks, and then you will work with those virtual disks in both Server Manager and Control Panel.
- Introduction to DirectAccess in Windows Server 2012
DirectAccess gives users the experience of being seamlessly connected to their corporate network anytime they have Internet access. In this lab, you will learn how to configure this now easy-to-install technology and provide greater mobility and ease of access for your users.
- Introduction to IIS 8 IIS 8 in Windows Server 2012 provides many new features to support greater scaling, density, and performance for your web applications. In this lab, you will learn how to configure many of these exciting new technologies, including centralized certificate support, dynamic IP domain restrictions, and throttling.
- Introduction to iSCSI Diskless Boot Deployment Windows Server 2012 can efficiently provide highly available iSCSI block storage for diskless network boot. In this lab, you will learn how to configure both the iSCSI target and diskless boot servers, enabling rapid deployment and network boot capability for commodity hardware.
- Introduction to Windows PowerShell Fundamentals Windows PowerShell is a command-line shell and scripting language that helps you achieve greater control and productivity. Using a new admin-focused scripting language, more than 230 standard command-line tools, and consistent syntax and utilities, Windows PowerShell enables you to more easily control system administration and accelerate automation.
- What’s New in Windows PowerShell 3.0 In this lab, you will explore some of the new features and functionality in Windows PowerShell 3.0 to enable you to more easily control system administration and accelerate automation.
- Managing Branch Offices In this lab, you will learn how the branch office scenario has been improved in Windows Server 2012 including new branch cache enhancements.
- Managing Network Infrastructure In this lab, you will explore new network management capabilities in Windows Server 2012. You will learn how to implement Network Teaming as well as how to implement DHCP failover. Finally, explore new Windows PowerShell cmdlets for network management.
- Managing Windows Server 2012 with Server Manager and Windows PowerShell 3.0 In this lab, you will learn how the Server Manager and Windows PowerShell framework in Windows Server 2012 delivers an enhanced, multi-server management experience. You will learn to perform tasks such as multi-server management. You will also explore new Windows PowerShell capabilities including new cmdlets and the Windows PowerShell gateway.
- Managing Your Network Infrastructure with IP Address Management Network management is core to running a business, yet the tools that IT professionals need can be too costly or not available from Microsoft. With Windows Server 2012, we change that with the introduction of IP Address Management (IPAM).
- Online Backup Service In this lab, you will use Windows Server Backup to back up your critical data to Windows Azure. This lab will teach you the entire set of workflows around backing up and recovering your data to Windows Azure.
- Using Dynamic Access Control to Automatically and Centrally Secure Data In this lab, you will explore Dynamic Access Control in Windows Server 2012. You will learn how to create Central Access Policies, explore the new Access Denied Remediation features, as well as learn how to use the audit capabilities built into Dynamic Access Control.