Windows Embedded Standard 2011 CTP2 available on Connect
The CTP2 of Windows Embedded Standard 2011, the Windows 7 based componentized embedded OS is available on connect. go check it out!
There are many updates and bug fixes as well as some new features in this release:
- Footprint optimization for key scenarios
- New and updated templates in ICE including import and export of templates
- More intuitive package naming
- Static Dependency Analyzer (SDA)
- New Packages:
- DVD Maker
- Parental Control
- Fax and Scan
- Updated and more detailed product documentation
- Windows Embedded Standard 2011 Compatible Applications
- Most applications that run on Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP will run on Windows Embedded Standard 2011. Templates now make it easy to ensure that all of your favorite and most important applications will run on Standard 2011. These templates allow an application developer to indicate which components should be included in the build in order to support their application. Preview the first templates available today, and learn how to use them and create your own at http://www.WindowsEmbedded.com/StandardApplicationTemplates.