Office 2010 Technology in Action at the Winter Games in Vancouver
Over the past few months, we’ve highlighted many of the new features that will be available in Office 2010 – and many of you have downloaded the beta to try them out for yourself. In fact, as we reported at CES, more than 2.5 million of you have downloaded the beta already.
Now two other will join the beta ranks. Microsoft, along with many of you has caught the Vancouver 2010 fever and we figured what better place to try out some of the new features of Office 2010. Two bloggers, Amber Johnson Borowski and Dylan Derryberry will use the Office 2010 beta technology to blog live from the Games come February as the winners of our Office Winter Games contest.
Some of the new features these two bloggers will be using to report from Vancouver include:
- The new Office Web Apps will help them easily access and share their notes, documents and work from anywhere there is an internet connection.
- The Office 2010 Mobile beta, which will be available on their new Windows Phones helping them takes notes and report while on the go.
- New features in PowerPoint 2010 let them embed and edit videos right within the application to create a cool presentations they can then post on their blogs.
- New photo editing tools like the background removal within Word 2010, will make it easier for them to include and format photos without needing additional programs.
- Co-authoring in Word 2010 can help them work with others and collaborate with people not at the games.
While there, they will use many of the features we talk about and be able to put them through their paces. Are there other features you would like for these Blogathletes to use while reporting from the Games? If so let us know. We’d love to hear your thoughts and ideas.