Office Deployment Tool for Click-to-Run
Click-to-Run is a Microsoft streaming and virtualization technology that significantly reduces the time that is required to download and use Office products. Administrators who have signed up for Office 365 can use the Office Deployment Tool to stage and deploy Click-to-Run Office products from an on-premises location as an alternative to users installing directly from the Office 365 portal. The downloadable Office Deployment Tool for Click-to-Run allows administrators to download Click-to-Run product and language sources to an on-premises location. This is useful in scenarios where administrators want to minimize the demand on the network or to prevent users from installing products from the Internet because of corporate security requirements.
To run the Office Deployment Tool you provide:
- A command-line to specify the mode in which to run the tool. The Preview release supports download and configure modes.
- Use download mode to download Click-to-Run for Office 365 products and languages to an on-premises location.
- Use configure mode to configure, and install Click-to-Run for Office 365 products and languages.
- A custom configuration.xml file to specify the following options:
- Product and languages to install or remove
- Source path
- Level of user interface to display
- Logging options
- Product updates behavior
Learn about Click-to-Run and the Office Deployment Tool from the following resources:
- Click-to-Run overview
- Office Deployment Tool for Click-to-Run
- Click-to-Run for Office 365 Configuration.xml file
- Download Click-to-Run for Office 365 products by using the Office Deployment Tool
- Deploy Click-to-Run for Office 365 products by using the Office Deployment Tool
For information about Office 365, see: