Where is the Microsoft Office 2010 Security Guide?
The previously stand-alone Microsoft product-specific security guides, including the Microsoft Office 2010 Security Guide, are now included within the Microsoft Security Compliance Manager (SCM) tool. The security guidance from Microsoft Solution Accelerators hasn’t disappeared, it’s just been repackaged.
First download and install the SCM tool. Next, import the Microsoft Office 2010 Security Baseline. Finally, select the Documents tab within the baseline to access the security guide for Microsoft Office 2010.
- Download and install the Security Compliance Manager tool.
- Check out the SCM TechNet Wikifor more details on how to get up and running with the tool.
- Learn more about the Security Compliance Manager.
- Questions? Comments? Tell it to the development team: email@example.com.
- Looking for a specific security baseline? Browse away!
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Security Baseline
- Windows Server 2008 Security Baseline
- Windows Server 2003 Security Baseline
- Windows 7 Security Baseline
- Windows Vista Security Baseline
- Windows XP Security Baseline
- Internet Explorer 8 Security Baseline
- Microsoft Office 2010 Security Baseline
- Microsoft Office 2007 SP2 Security Baseline
Microsoft Solution Accelerators
SCM is just one of the tools provided by the Microsoft Solution Accelerators team. The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and Security Compliance Manager provide tested guidance and automated tools to help you plan, securely deploy, and manage new Microsoft technologies—easier, faster, and at less cost. All are freely available, and fully-supported by Microsoft.Learn more.
Ross Carter, CISSP