Office 2010 Service Pack 1 is Almost Here
Summer is just around the corner, and as promised, we are on track for delivering Office 2010 SP1 and SharePoint 2010 SP1 in mid-summer 2011. During the coming weeks, you will see various teams updating their blogs with specific information about changes to appear in Service Pack 1. These posts should provide customers and administrators with great information about the upcoming release.
Keep an eye on this blog and the two blog families below for updates on Office 2010 SP1 and SharePoint 2010 SP1:
http://blogs.office.com (and related product team blogs)
TechEd North America as a key venue where we will discuss SP1 at length, including the tentative release schedule. If you’re planning to attend, please be sure to stop into the session for details. We’ll also have more to share on this blog around that time as well.
In the meantime, we can reveal some additional detail around the SP1 release, including our plan for language-version updates. SP1 will update all 40 SKU languages for Office, and update the SKU languages for SharePoint (with appropriate caveats noted in the SharePoint blog post). In addition, 4 Language Interface Pack releases will also be updated: Galician, Basque, Catalan, Serbian Cyrillic. The time frames for releasing language versions of SP1 will be discussed in a future post.
As we briefly discussed on our last SP1 post, changes to Office and SharePoint products are cumulative. Any updated packages we ship (Word.msp, for example) contain Cumulative and Public updates to date. This is an advantage of Automatic Updates that is often unrecognized – keeping current significantly reduces the amount of testing necessary for Service Pack releases because those Public Updates already include the Cumulative Updates for the affected products / packages.
The data below is an accumulated list of all 2010 fixes that have already shipped. These will be included in our SP1 release. This is a combination of Cumulative Updates and Public Updates. In addition to what is listed below, SP1 will contain more fixes in each product. Between now and the time of release, we will publish more details about the coming changes. Office 2010 suites, Project 2010, Visio 2010, Office 2010 servers, Office Web Apps, Search Server 2010, SharePoint 2010 Products, and FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint are included in the list below.
- Security and Non-Security Updates for March 2011 – Released March 8, 2011
- Office 2010 February 2011 Cumulative Update (KB 2493730) – Released February 22, 2011
- Security and Non-Security Updates for February 2011 – Released February 8, 2011
- Non-Security Updates for January 2011 – Released January 11, 2011
- Office 2010 December 2010 Cumulative Update (KB 2479673) – Released December 14, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for December 2010 – Released December 14, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for November 2010 – Released November 9, 2010
- Office 2010 October 2010 Cumulative Update (KB 2449183) – Released October 26, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for October 2010 – Released October 12, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for September 2010 – Released September 14, 2010
- Office 2010 August 2010 Cumulative Update (KB 2396341) – Released August 31, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for August 2010 – Released August 10, 2010
- Security and Non-Security Updates for July 2010 – Released July 13, 2010
- Office 2010 June 2010 Cumulative Update (KB 2259686) – Released June 29, 2010
Be sure to stay tuned to the Office and SharePoint team blogs in the coming weeks for important details of the SP1 release.