Download the Office and SharePoint Visual Studio tools!
Hello Office and SharePoint developers!
You may have read Somasegar’s announcement yesterday that the Visual Studio 2012 tools have been released. You can download the latest version of the tools here. The new tools replace the “Preview 2” version and work with the “RTM” bits of Office and SharePoint.
Here is a list of Office and SharePoint tooling enhancements in this release:
- Enhancements in Manifest Editor, which now allows you to specify more manifest properties from the editor
- Improved apps for Office project templates to demonstrate best practices
- Remote event receiver and app events debugging support (through service bus) for remote debugging a SharePoint site
- Search configuration support
- Improvements in SharePoint Workflow
- Visual Studio Tools for Office (a.k.a. VSTO add-ins) now have design-time and runtime support that target Office 2013 and .NET Framework 4.5
- And more!
In addition, you may want to check out the new Preview release of the LightSwitch HTML client in Visual Studio 2012 Update 2 CTP 4. The LightSwitch Team Blog has all the details here.
For more information about downloading the Office and SharePoint development tools, check out dev.office.com.