Blogcast: Protect and manage content
I must confess I was a bit hungover when I recorded this one so I do suggest you run it speeded up (ctrl-shift-G) to cut down my pause for thought gaps. This really is a very important topic so I apologise for not sounding more exuberant while demoing it. In this blogcast I cover a bit more of the security and records management capabilities of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007.
I will cover:
- The Enterprise document repository and relevant webparts
- Connecting document libraries to Outlook and editing documents offline.
- Digital signitures on documents
- Protecting documents with information rights management
- The Document Inspector
- Using document workflow
- Sending documents to the records vault
- Information Management policy creation including barcodes and auditing
- Retention of email records with managed folders
- Establishing legal "holds" as part of a compliance policy.
To play the video click here
(I recommend hitting ctrl-shift-G to watch it speeded up)
Other video demos I have done: