I have previously written about how darn slow Adobe Acrobat 6 is when launching. I don't understand why Acrobat is so darn annoying. Here are some things I don't care for:
- Don't create a “My eBooks“ folder in My Documents when I have nothing to put there.
- Don't load 500 plugins when none of them are necessary to view a PDF
- Don't place shortcuts for some lame Internet Printing thingy in my Start Menu (I loathe Start Menu Advertising)
- Do install a PDF IFilter so that indexing products like Lookout can index PDFs w/o installing it seperatley
- Don't load PDFs in IE because it is god awful slow
- Don't make copy and paste so freaking hard
- Don't ask me to install other Adobe software when I boot Acrobat
- Don't create an updater (6.0.2) that creates an additional entry in my add/remove programs
If you want to fix most of these things, PDF SpeedUp is a free application that should come bundled with Acrobat. It's a must have piece of software to make Acrobat behave (as much as you can anyway).