Forefront Unified Access Gateway 2010 SP1 RTM
Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway (UAG) 2010 Service Pack 1 has been released. It provides an easy and secure remote access solution with a focus on application intelligence and granular access control. Forefront UAG 2010 SP1 is the one solution to fit all of your remote access needs, as it provides centralized management and policy control across all users, devices, and network resources. UAG 2010 SP1 provides many new features.
Among the new features for DirectAccess:
- One-time-password support for DirectAccess.
- Simplified DirectAccess deployment with an improved admin UI, which includes new functionality that previously required scripting and manual tweaking.
- Increased flexibility in creating and distributing DirectAccess Group Policy Objects (GPO)
- Support for DirectAccess deployments which enable only the “always managed” functionality, allowing remote management of the DirectAccess client machines from the Corporate network without also enabling corporate access for the DirectAccess clients
- Support for forced tunneling, which means that all of the traffic from DirectAccess clients is routed through the DirectAccess server to the corporate network, and from there, if needed, back to the Internet.
- Integration of the DirectAccess Connectivity Assistant (DCA) configuration and deployment into the admin process.
- Integrated NAP for simplified endpoint policy enforcement.
- Improved monitoring and troubleshooting by addingnew DCA diagnostics and server-side reports.
The new AD FS 2.0 secure collaboration scenarios in SP1 enable the following:
- Claims-based authentication to the UAG portal
- Publishing of claims-aware applications, like SharePoint 2010
- Claims-based authorization
- Single Sign-in to legacy applications for users authenticated using claims
- Single Sign-out
- Publishing AD FS 2.0 server
- Publishing RMS server
- Publishing Exchange R5