Web App Instance Name and ARR affinity Mapping using Function App – Part-2
This Post is in continuation of Post :Web App Instance Name and ARR affinity Mapping using Function App – Part-1
as Part 2 Our next step is Outlining the things which we need to do :
Here are few things which we shall be doing step by step in upcoming post
Creating and Setting up Service Principal (AAD Application ) :
- Creating Azure AAD App aka Service Principal.
- Noting down the Application Id of AAD app which is also known as Client Id or Service Principal Id
- Generating Key for that AAD app , which is knows as Client Secret or Password.
- Assigning Reader role on subscription to that service principal (AAD App) so that it can read the resources of subscription and query ARM endpoints .
Creating a blank Function app and add application settings section entries.
- Note down Subscription id and Tenant Id from Azure Portal.
- Create a new Function App.
- Create Application settings for : Subscription id , Tenant Id , Application Id & Client Secret.
Deploy the Function App code & Test It:
- Download the function app from my GitHub Profile.
- Based on function app (powershell or C# based) , accordingly choose the URL and pass-on any Web App’s name & its resource group Name which is up and running in your subscription in the Query string / URL .
- Receive the response with Instance name & ARRAffinity mapping .
So if are excited about this automation ,then continue further part in my next Post here :