Web App Instance Name and ARR affinity Mapping using Function App – Part-5
This Post is in continuation of Post :Web App Instance Name and ARR affinity Mapping using Function App – Part-4
as Part 5 Our next step is
Deploy the Function App code & Test It section :
11. Download the function app from my GitHub Profile.
- You can select Powershell based Function code from here : https://github.com/paraspatidar/Code-Dump/blob/master/FnInstanceARRMapper.ps1
- You can select C# based Function which will work as precompiled code from here : https://github.com/paraspatidar/Code-Dump/blob/master/InstanceARRMapping.zip
it will be good idea to keep the function access level as anonymous by not using any key (function key / master key) , you can handle it in Integrate option of function app.
12 .Based on function app (Powershell or C# based) , accordingly choose the URL and pass-on any Web App’s name & its resource group Name which is up and running in your subscription in the Query string / URL .
the URL for both type of function will be little different and it is mentioned in source code itself . Feel free to modify the code and change according to your convenience.
13 .Receive the response with Instance name & ARRAffinity mapping
- Testing C# Based Function App : sample URL is in project code file
- Testing Powershell Based Function App :sample URL is in code file
As the number of instances grow , the time to get response will also increase , however , in C# based function app we have tried to use Async calls but still has scope for further improvement , please feel free to use the code as per requirement.