SharePoint 2010 – OctoberCU 2010 Side effect detected
in the last days the SharePoint product group post important information on the blog regarding SharePoint 2010 octoberCU 2010.
The SP2010 octCU2010 is build level: 14.0000.5128.5000 and consist of WSS Full Package: KB 2394323 and MOSS Full Package KB 2394320.
Please read the two following post:
Affected are the Server Packages for SharePoint Foundation, SharePoint Server and Project Server 2010, specifically;
- SharePoint Server Package 2394320
- Project Server Package 2394322
The downloads for both of these packages have been removed from our servers. If you have already downloaded them you SHOULD NOT install them. They will be republished.
The October Cumulative Update for the packages listed above makes some changes and updates to the user profile database. Unfortunately there are certain situations where this update does not complete as expected and leaves the update in an inconsistent state. This causes issues with several SharePoint features that use the User Profile Application such as MySites, People and Expertise Search & Ratings.
If you have already applied the October Cumulative Updates mentioned above, you should perform the following steps;
If you encounter any issues following these steps or have questions specific to your environment/deployment please call Microsoft Product Support for assistance.
Check the following locations for the Microsoft.Office.Server.dll to determine the version. If the version is 14.0.5128.5000 or greater, the October CU is applied.
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\ISAPI\Microsoft.Office.Server.dll
Using Central Administration perform the following steps
- Click on Manage Service Applications
- Select User Profile Service Application by clicking on it
- At the top of the screen on the Service Applications tab, click on Manage
- On the Manage Profile Service: User Profile Service Application page, click Manage User Permissions
- On the Permissions for User Profile Service Application dialog, you will need to
- Specify the desired user accounts and click the Add button to add them to the list
- By default SharePoint 2010 RTM has these accounts
- NT Authority\authenticated users
- All Authenticated Users
- Once the user accounts are in the list, you will need to set the permissions appropriately for your environment and click OK.
I hope it helps.