reviews & community commitments
Usually around mid-January and mid-June, Microsoft employees do a bit of bitching. It's review time. This year is no exception, it's time to do my review, or more realistically at this time of year, the "mid year discussion". It's an opportunity to check in on your commitments, make sure you're in line with them, and they're in line with the companies goals. Because we just had a fairly major re-org, it's we also had a bit of a commitment re-org too.
One of the big commitments on the plate for my team over the coming year(s), is community. I've already been working on trying to up my community involvement, posting here, surfing around the MSDN forums, and a few other little tasks that I've been working on. But in interest of being transparent, I thought I'd post my community commitments here. These aren't the final ones (they still need to go up and back down the management chain), but they're pretty close.
- Post at least 5 community posts per week in the Forums
- Become the community driver for the MSDN forums, encouraging people to post ASP.NET questions in the ASP.NET Forums.
- Be able to provide information to team members about where they can get information, or help out with community.
- Continue to blog at least once per week
- Drive and encourage team participation in the forums and other community locations.
- Topic for presentation selected by Mar 1, 2006
- Presentation prepared by May 1, 2006
- Find an opportunity to present to customers by June 30th, 2006.
- Attend at least one customer conference, user group meeting or other similar Microsoft event
- Post my community commitments on my blog for the community to see and comment on.
There we go. Lemme know what you think.