ESB Toolkit How To Video #2: Service Composition
Hi everyone, it was quite a long time since I posted the first "How-to" video (found here), but I have finally completed the second one. In this demo, I show you how to do a number of new things
- to create an itinerary that compose three services together into a single composite service
- How to setup your BizTalk environment to support this type of itinerary. Including how to create the send ports required for a composite service itinerary
- How to retrieve information from a UDDI v3 server from within your itinerary
- How to test resolvers inside visual studio using the resolver web service
- How to implement dynamic mapping and dynamic routing inside an itinerary
Based on feedback from my last video I understood that the AVI format I used sucked and that you didn't want to have to download multiple ZIP archives just to watch a short video. Therefore, I've found a better recording tool that creates WMV files. Therefore this video is only 13 megs in size. Hopefully that is more convenient for everyone.
If you happen to hear a baby crying at the end, I apologize, that is my new daughter trying to make her first appearance on my blog :)
This video covers a lot of ground and I show a lot of things. So if I have gone too fast over something, or some element isn't clear, let me know and I'll post a follow up video.
Cheers and keep on BizTalking...