August 2013 was Automation Month at the Building Clouds Blog!
Augomation? Autogust? Augustomania?
Whatever you call it, with 16 Automation Track / Automation Track adjacent posts, it was Automation’s month to shine.
You may have not even realized it – heck, I don’t think we did...
If you have been keeping up, fantastic! If you haven’t, well, we have a bunch of links for you (listed chronologically):
- Aug.06.2013 - Enabling web applications synthetic transactions as a service
- Aug.06.2013 - Deployment–PDT 2.5 is now available on the TechNet Gallery
- Aug.09.2013 - Automation–An Introduction to Service Management Automation
- Aug.12.2013 - Automation – Orchestrator Back to Basics – Use Cases Spotlight (1 of 5)
- Aug.12.2013 - Automation–Orchestrator Run .Net Script Activity–Unexpected Data Flattening Behavior Workaround
- Aug.12.2013 - Project MAT for Shift (Part 2) – Networking
- Aug.14.2013 - Automation–SMA–Getting Started with SMA Runbooks
- Aug.15.2013 - Automation–SMA Runbook Spotlight–Exchange Distribution List Creation
- Aug.21.2013 - Automation–SMA Runbook Spotlight–Virtual Machine Startup by Priority (Part 1)
- Aug.27.2013 - Automation–SMA Tip/Trick–Leveraging InlineScript and $Using:Variable with PowerShell Workflow
- Aug.27.2013 - Automation–SMA–Utility Runbook Spotlight–VMM Custom Property Management
- Aug.27.2013 - Automation–SMA Runbook Spotlight–Virtual Machine Startup by Priority (Part 1.5)
- Aug.29.2013 - Automation–SMA Runbook Spotlight–Virtual Machine Startup by Priority (Part 2)
- Aug.29.2013 - MAT 1.5 is available (now with NIC recreation!)
- Aug.29.2013 - Automation–SMA–Utility Runbook Spotlight–Get-SC-Product-Versions
- Aug.30.2013 - Introducing PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
Note All the System Center 2012 R2 Service Management Automation (SMA) posts have been collected in one place: https://aka.ms/IntroToSMA
The TechNet Contributions…
Accompanying the vast selection of blog posts above, sit the 8 TechNet Gallery Contributions for the month of August 2013 (again, listed chronologically):
- Aug.06.2013 - PowerShell Deployment Toolkit 2.5.2500
- Aug.06.2013 - Creating Synthetic transactions and dashboards - Sample Orchestrator Runbook
- Aug.12.2013 - Sample Runbooks - Automation Use Cases
- Aug.15.2013 - SMA Example - Build Exchange Distribution List (w/PowerShell v3 Workflow)
- Aug.21.2013 - SMA Example - Virtual Machine Startup by Priority (w/PowerShell v3 Workflow)
- Aug.27.2013 - SMA Example - VMM Custom Property Management (w/PowerShell v3 Workflow)
- Aug.28.2013 - Migration Automation Toolkit (MAT)
- Aug.29.2013 - SMA Example - Virtual Machine Startup by Priority Group (w/PS v3 Workflow)
It has been a great month – not just for Automation, but the Building Clouds Blog as a whole. I want to personally thank each and every one of its contributors – I think everyone can agree, our content makes a difference!