SharePoint 2010 Demo Virtual Machine
If you are a Microsoft Partner (or even a customer) and want to demo / Test a SharePoint Solution and don't want to spend days configuring your demo environment use the ready made VHD’s below:
I use the a similar image everyday in my demos and they save me hours (at times even days!)
Details from TechNet: (Use the Download Manager link to download these)
Virtual machine “a” contains the following pre-configured software:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Evaluation Edition x64, running as an Active Directory Domain Controller for the “CONTOSO.COM” domain with DNS and WINS
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Enterprise Edition with Analysis, Notification, and Reporting Services
- Microsoft Office Communication Server 2007 R2
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2010
- Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Office Web Applications
- Microsoft FAST Search for SharePoint 2010
- Microsoft Project Server 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010
- Microsoft Visio 2010
- Microsoft Project 2010
- Microsoft Office Communicator 2007 R2
Virtual machine “b” contains the following pre-configured software:
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard Evaluation Edition x64, joined to the “CONTOSO.COM” domain
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Active directory has been preconfigured over 200 “demo” users with metadata in an organizational structure. All of these user profiles have been imported and indexed for search within SharePoint Server 2010.
SharePoint Server 2010 has been configured in a “Complete” farm using the default SQL Server 2008 R2 instance. A default site has been created using the Team Site template at http://intranet.contoso.com/ and a FAST Search Center at http://intranet.contoso.com/search/.
As shipped virtual machine “a” requires image “b” for email. Running image "b" is optional.
Akamai Download Manager Links: Please use the following links to download this package using Akamai Download Manager. This allows for pausing and resuming downloads & faster downloads.
- Virtual Machine 2010-7a parts 1-12
- Virtual Machine 2010-7a parts 13-22, SFV & Setup Guide
- Virtual Machine 2010-7b
**** Update May 14
SharePoint 2010 Walkthrough -
This guide was written as a companion to the SharePoint Server 2010 Evaluation Guide for Technical and Business Decision Makers. We recommend reading that evaluation guide first, because it provides a tour of the new and improved features in the areas of collaboration, social computing, enterprise content management, search, business intelligence and composite applications.