Project 2010 SP1 – Multi-Browser Support
As I mentioned on Monday in this post, with SP1 the team member pages are now supported on Firefox, Safari, and Chrome. This means team members can now view the tasks they are assigned to and submit status and timesheets all through their preferred browser. Why the team member pages first? We heard from you that there was the most need for this and that the team member role is the most prevalent. Team members are defined as people who work on the project’s tasks.
- Internet Explorer 9 (32-bit) on Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows 2008
- Internet Explorer 8 (32-bit) on Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows 2008
- Internet Explorer 7 (32-bit) on Windows Vista, Windows XP and Windows 2003
- Firefox 3.6.8+ on Mac OS X v10.6, Windows 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3, Windows 2003 and UNIX/Linux,
- Google Chrome 6.0 on Windows 7
- Safari 5 on Mac OS X v10.6
- Project Web App (PWA) main default page (default.aspx)
- All pages in the “My Work” section in the quick launch which includes
- Issues and Risks
For the remainder of the pages in PWA such as Project Center and Portfolio Analysis, you still need Internet Explorer 7 and up. If you are on a Macintosh-based computer, see this article for how to access the remainder of the pages and the Project client.
And here’s the proof – Firefox:
Chrome on Mac OS (Chrome on Windows 7 is featured above)