Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 and Project Server 2010 Demo Virtual Machine
Following the recent release of the Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 and Project Server Integration Feature Pack in March 2011 (New Feature Pack from Visual Studio Improves Project Management and Software Development Team Collaboration), we are announcing the release of a demo virtual machine (VM) today that showcases the integration between both products. This demo VM contains four hands-on labs, which also function as demo scripts. Each script contains a series of exercises showcasing the integration between Team Foundation Server 2010 and Project Server 2010.
The Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010 and Project Server Integration Feature Pack, which further strengthens Microsoft’s Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) solution, was released in March 2011 to customers with a Visual Studio Ultimate MSDN Subscription. The integration between Project Server and Team Foundation Server is a considerable advancement for organizations that want to bridge the collaboration gap between the Project Management Office and software development teams. The demo VM contains the following hands-on labs, which also function as demo scripts:
- Top-Down Planning of Business Requirements within an Enterprise Project using Team Foundation Server and Project Server
- Managing Project Details in an Enterprise Project Plan Mapped to a Team Project in Team Foundation Server
- Making Agile Team Progress Visible to the Project Management Office
- Managing Field Mappings for Integration of Team Foundation Server and Project Server
It’s a great asset to learn about the recently announced feature pack and showcase it to your customers and partners.
Feature Pack Resources
- Demo VM download
- Solutions For Application Lifecycle Management:
- Customer Case Studies - Team Foundation Server 2010 and Project Server Integration Feature Pack
- MSDN Product documentation
- MSDN Public Forums - Team Foundation Server and Project Server Integration
Senior Technical Product Manager, Microsoft Project