Given the season I have started thinking about what I’m thankful for. Here is my list of a few things I am thankful for this year:
- My wife and my children. All the normal clichés apply of course but they are clichés. I would not be where I am or who I am without them.
- The health of my grandparents. At 90 and 87 they are going strong.
- The almost unbelievable luck of getting to work for Microsoft getting paid to do something I love to do and am good at doing. At least once a month I think about how lucky I am to be here.
- My team, The MCS EPM Global Practice. Scary smart and dedicated to making sure that customers are doing their best work around project and portfolio management.
- Multiple Level Undo. I get goose bumps just writing the words.
- The Election
- The Zune. All you can eat music.
- The Amazon Kindle. Books books and more books.
- Windows Server 2008 running on a Lenovo T61p with 4 gigs of RAM. Wow!
- The promise of the future