Office 365 E5 Nuggets of week 18
The Future of SharePoint starts NOW: Major event with video streaming and broad media coverage:
Join the Conversation in Office 365 Network and let me quote Mark Kashman: "We also announced GA of SharePoint Server 2016, which includes new hybrid capabilities that enable on-premises customers to tap into the innovation we’re delivering in Office 365. The keynote included a welcome address from Satya, multiple product demos, customer testimonials from Booz Allen Hamilton, Coles and Marks and Spencer, and a breadth of new capabilities that are coming to Office 365 this quarter and throughout this calendar year; keynote video will be made public, on-demand very soon.
Our announcements focused on four key innovation areas:
- Simple and powerful file sharing and collaboration : We built on the recent momentum for OneDrive for Business, reinforcing progress across sync, mobile and web experiences that have catapulted Microsoft into leadership status by key analysts. Additionally, we demonstrated our vision for unified file access and intelligent discovery for all your files in Office 365. None of our competitors can match this. Updates to the OneDrive for Business apps for iOS and Android are available now; others will follow this calendar year.
- The Mobile and Intelligent Intranet : We showed the first ever SharePoint mobile app which puts your intranet in your pocket , as well as a new SharePoint home page in Office 365, designed to provide easy access to all the resources on your intranet using the intelligence from the Office Graph – spanning content in Office 365 and on-premises SharePoint. This app is coming first to iOS in CY Q2 and all mobile platforms by the end of CY 2016. The SharePoint Online home page is rolling out to first release customers this month. We also announced new Modern Team Sites and Publishing Sites, to enable better teamwork, as well as integration with Microsoft PowerApps and Microsoft Flow ushering a new era of rapid development biz apps.
- Open and Connected Platform : We announced the new SharePoint Framework for developers that brings fully supported client-side development, easy integration with the Microsoft Graph, and support for open source tooling. This will be additive to existing SharePoint development options giving new and existing developers choice on how they build on the platform.
- Security, Privacy and Compliance (MS Mechanics video) : Lastly we reinforced customer confidence in Office 365 Trust, conveying our leadership in security, privacy and compliance, and how IT organizations can better secure content across SharePoint and OneDrive for Business.
In addition, we announced new ways we are helping our customers take advantage of these new innovations:
- Microsoft FastTrack now includes free migration from Box, in addition to free migration from File Shares and Google Drive.
- While we’ll continue to innovate first in the Cloud, many of the user experiences revealed today will also come to SharePoint Server 2016 Software Assurance customers via “Feature Packs” starting in CY 2017.
For more details on the new SharePoint capabilities please review the main “Future of SharePoint” blog post and watch all 7 deep dive demo videos on the Microsoft Mechanics show. Plus, we added numerous, new SharePoint items to the Office 365 Public Roadmap.
The new SharePoint is: Simple. Intelligent. Untethered. SharePoint - The Future Starts Now (vision video on YouTube)."
>> Community Blogs about these announcements collected by Jussi Roine
PowerApps Webinar: https://aka.ms/powerapps-webinar : May 5, 2016 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Microsoft Flow Webinar: https://aka.ms/msflow-webinar : May 10, 2016 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM Pacific Time
Kerstin Rachfahl`s German Novel about Office 365 is free on Kindle this weekend!
O365 Groups and Connectors: Howto use tutorials in German by Martina Grom
Free eBooks: SharePoint and SkypefB Hybrid (Planning and Preparation)
Office 365 May Update on Youtube
SharePoint Podcast with Michael Greth about Microsoft Flow and Interview with Dan Thomsen from Wizdom Intranet