The AD RMS Bulk Protection Tool Has Arrived
The AD RMS Bulk Protection Tool is a command-line tool that can decrypt multiple AD RMS protected files or encrypt multiple files to a predefined rights-policy template. This tool can be used to perform e-discovery of content for litigation or audit purposes, or to safeguard existing sensitive data on company shares. It also works in conjunction with the File Classification Infrastructure (FCI) feature in Windows Server 2008 R2 to classify and protect sensitive company data.
Here are some additional details:
- Simple command-line interface
- Bulk decrypt RMS supported files and items within Outlook PSTs
- Bulk encrypt RMS supported files to a custom template
- Extensible to other file formats via IRM protector implementation
- Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2
- The tool requires installation of RMS Client SP2 and .NET Framework 2.0 SP2 on Windows XP
- Outlook 2007 is needed for decrypting items within PST files
You can refer to the AD RMS Bulk Protection Tool help file that is included with the tool for more usage details.
...and finally, we hope you enjoy the tool!
Clinton Ho, Saket Kataruka, and Adeel Zaidi
The AD RMS Bulk Protection Tool Team