New Team System Stuff - 2004-09-19
I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas A. Edison
I spent some time this weekend troubleshooting a variety of installation failures to better understand the trouble some people are encountering. A few were the result of issues that are already covered in the Ask Burton FAQ, such as this one about using English (United States) for the Regional Options. I'm trying to put together a troubleshooting guide of sorts that I should have online soon. Stay tuned.
When is Team System Stuff not Team System Stuff? Sometimes I link to stuff that's not pertaining to Team System, but it usually has some related context. That's why you'll see items mentioned in my "New Team System Stuff" posts that are not Team System specific.
That said, here's a quick listing of some recent Team System-related stuff to start your week:
- Korby Parnell | Sneak Peak: Team System's New Source Control Explorer - Take a look at some of the new UI that'll show-up in the next release.
- Jonathan de Halleux | Drag and drop Unit Tests (design-time experiment in MbUnit) (via Roy Osherove - Drag and drop unit testing) - Jonathan experimented with MbUnit. I wonder if such an experiment is possible in Team System Unit Testing.
- Matt Powell | WS-* Specifications Simply Explained - Get the scoop on all those WS-(fill-in-the-blank) specifications with this new article on the Web Services Developer Center.
- Mads Haugbø Nissen | Testing private methods - Shortcuts will cut you - The debate continues on testing private methods.
- Anders Norås | This is why private method testing is good - And Mads Nissen's co-worker retorts.
- Jason Salas | My next book project: an autobiography of the ASP.NET community - I can't wait to read the prologue Jason has promised.
- Graham Parker | Refresh Visual Studio 2005 - Just a reminder, don't try to install the Refresh without first un-installing Beta 1.
- Joel Semeniuk | Successfully Installed Visual Studio Team System - I think... - Another reminder, Beta 1 Refresh is not a Beta release of Team System. The first Beta of Team System is early next year.
- David J. Anderson | Everybody Loves Borland - Like a fellow member of the same Olympic swim team, Borland is both a respected competitor and solid partner.
- Gunnar Kudrjavets | Is anyone (still) using CASE tools? - Gunnar talks about using what you preach - just so you know, we're already dogfooding Team System internally. It starts with each team dogfooding its own stuff, like the Hatteras team dogfooding Team Foundation Verison Control and the Currituck team dogfooding Team Foundation Work Item Tracking. Then you start eating off each other's plates. Yummy.