Search host controller service and content processing service on SharePoint Server is down. SharePoint 2013
Search host controller service and content processing service on SharePoint Server is down.
In search topology we are cross mark for content processing .
Failed to connect to Host controller in Server : xxxxxxxx. Exception : System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: There was no endpoint listening
at net.tcp://xxxxxxx/ceres/hostcontroller/nettcp that could accept the message. This is often caused by an incorrect address or SOAP action. See InnerException, if present, for more details. Server stack trace:
at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ConnectionUpgradeHelper.DecodeFramingFault(ClientFramingDecoder decoder, IConnection connection, Uri via, String contentType, TimeoutHelper& timeoutHelper)
We were not able to start the Host Controller on Issue server from CA.
When we tried starting it from windows services it failed again.
In events we were getting
Log Name: Application
Source: .NET Runtime
Date: 2013-10-02 1:34:49 PM
Event ID: 1026
Task Category: None
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: Microsoft.Ceres.HostController.Controller.HostControllerException
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object)
This is what we found.
We found that Node.ini file at path c:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Server\15.0\Data\Office Server\Applications\Search\Nodes\[6digitSequence]\ContentProcessingComponent1\Configuration\Local on issue server is 0 KB
Node.ini from content processiong component 2 on server working server is 3 kb.
This is what I did to fix issue.
Copied node.ini file from working to non working server.
Then started start Host Controller on issue server via Central admin.
Every thing was back to normal.