Create your personalized Twitter Analytics Dashboard in Power BI in 10 minutes!
Create your own personalized Twitter Analytics Dashboard in Power BI
When I do Tweet the most? What day and hour do my Tweets receive the most interactions and impressions? With Power BI, these questions are very simple to answer. In this blog, you'll learn how to export your Twitter Analytics stats to use as a data source in a pre-built Power BI template provided here. Once you import the data into the template, you can explore many other interested metrics, such as the number of retweets, link clicks, profile clicks, and more.
The first step to creating this simple dashboard is to export your Twitter stats from http://analytics.twitter.com/.
- Navigate to http://analytics.twitter.com/
- Click on "Tweets" on the top ribbon
- On the right, you'll see a button that defaults to the "Last 28 Days", change this to the past 90 days (maximum allowed), and click on "Export Data" to export the .csv
Next, download the Power BI Template from here and continue with the following steps:
- Download and open the attached TwitterAnalyticsDashboardTemplate.pbit file and open it in Power BI Desktop
- Click on "Edit Queries" in the top ribbon
- On the right side, you'll see "Applied Steps". Click on the gear icon next to the first step titled Source.
- Change the file path to point to your exported stats and click on OK
- Click "Close & Apply" in the top ribbon bar and your dashboard will be populated with your exported stats
Sam Lester (MSFT)