Beta Release of Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
We are proud to announce that the Beta release of the Microsoft Windows SDK for Windows 7 and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1! The Windows SDK provides documentation, samples, header files, libraries, and tools designed to help you develop Windows applications using native (Win32®) and/or managed (.NET Framework) technologies. The SDK is a large product spanning both Windows and Developer Division and depends on the collaborative efforts of many people across Microsoft.
· The Windows SDK is available for customers to install at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a91dc12a-fc94-4027-b67e-46bab7c5226c&displaylang=en
This SDK release supports Windows 7 Beta, Windows Server 2008 R2 Beta, Windows Server 2008, .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1, and Windows Vista SP1 and is compatible with Visual Studio 2008 SP1; including Visual Studio Express Editions.
The following is a small sampling of what’s in this Beta SDK.
o New Windows 7 Developer Guide and Quality cookbook
o 28% of the docset updated in Beta (191 files)
· Samples - Nearly 250 samples added and refreshed during Beta
· Headers/libraries – Over 100 new headers and libraries added to the SDK
· Tools – 7 new tools added to SDK during Beta
· The Windows 7 SDK headers, libs, and tools that can integrate with VS2008 when both the SDK and VS2008 are installed
· Visual Studio 2008 SP1 C++ command line compiler toolset and matching CRT
Stayed tuned to the Windows SDK blog as well as the Windows SDK MSDN Developer Center over the coming weeks for more information about the Windows SDK. As always, please look over the Release Notes for a description of known issues before you install the SDK.