Disabling the IDE Navigator (Ctrl-Tab Dialog)
I’ve had a few questions come back to me about disabling the IDE Navigator, aka the Ctrl-Tab Dialog. Here’s how to do it:
- Open Tools – Options – Keyboard
- Under “Show commands containing:”, type in “Window.NextDocumentWindowNav”
- Press the Remove button to remove the “Ctrl+Tab” keyboard shortcut binding
If you want the Visual Studio .NET 2003 Ctrl-Tab behavior, continue with these steps:
- Under “Show commands containing”, type in “Window.NextDocumentWindow”
- Under Press shortcut keys, press Ctrl+Tab.
- Press Assign to bind the keyboard shortcut
- Press OK to accept changes and dismiss the tools options dialog
And ctrl-tab will cycle through all open documents without the IDE Navigator popping up.