Import a Power BI Custom Visual
All you need to import a Custom Visual from the Power BI App Store is a Microsoft account and one Power BI report.
You can import the custom visual into Power BI on the web by visiting https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/ and clicking “Sign In”
Note: Ensure that you have uploaded a table of data to your workspace and have created a report.
Example Histogram Visual:
- In the App Store, click the blue “GET IT NOW” button on a Power BI visual.
- Note which Microsoft account you are signed in as.
- Click “Continue”
- Wait for the website to take you to Power BI Visuals.
- Click “Select to download Histogram Chart” (or a chart of your choosing).
(You may Download Power BI Desktop for free if you don't have it.)
Once you've opened your account in the Power BI application of your choice, follow the directions below to import the custom visual into one of your existing reports:
- Select the ellipsis from the visualizations pane.
- Select “Import from file” or “Import from marketplace” from the menu.
(Take note of the “Caution: Import Custom Visual” warning: Custom visuals may be provided by third parties and could contain security or privacy risks. Only import from trusted authors and sources.)
- Select the custom visual file (.PBIVIZ) in the folder you downloaded it to, then select Open.
- The visual will appear as a new icon in the visualizations pane. Select it to create the visual on the report canvas.
You can also download the sample report.