Enabling Secure Socket Layer for commerce sites
By default all the business manager UI's connect to the commerce web services through SSL. To enable SSL we need to do the following steps. The same steps can also be applied to repair the SSL installation in instances like changing the machine name etc.
- Install Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Resource Kit Tools.
- Resource Tool Kit can be downloaded from http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=59276.
- After installation Click Start , point to Programs, point to IIS resources and point to SelfSSL and then click on SelfSSL.
- In the command prompt execure SelfSSL /T /V:100
- Command will prompt to replace the existing SSL configuration if any
By default the command will enable SSL for IIS Default Site. The command line utility also has the option to specify the site name to which SSL needs to be enabled.