My Server Windows App for Windows Server 2012 Essentials
Hi, my name is Clinton Ho, lead program manager on the Windows Server Essentials team. I’m proud to announce the availability of the My Server Windows app, available as a free download in the Windows Store.
Similar to the My Server Windows Phone app, My Server Windows app is designed to help keep you seamlessly connected to your server resources on devices running Windows 8 and Windows RT. With My Server, you can manage users, devices, and alerts, and access shared files on Windows Server 2012 Essentials. In addition, the files that you have recently accessed with My Server will continue to be available to you even when you are offline.
Sound cool? Then head on over to the Windows Store, search for My Server, and install the app! Don’t forget to let us know what you think by rating it or writing a review.
Here are some more things you can do with the My Server app:
- Browse, edit and search for files stored on your server
- Copy files from your local computer to the server, or save files from the server to your computer
- Access files from your server that were opened recently—even without an Internet connection; the changes made offline will automatically be synchronized to the server when you are back online
- Transparently search for documents located on both your local device and your server’s shared folders
- Play back media files stored on the server
- If you are an administrator, you can also:
- Manage users, devices, and alerts
- Reset user passwords