SharePoint 2007 and Reporting Services 2005
For your awareness to know this kind of functionality is coming.
[Updated June 26, 07: here is a link to the final release version.]
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Add-in for Microsoft SharePoint Technologies - Community Technology Preview (CTP) November 2006
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services Add-in for SharePoint Technologies (Reporting Services Add-in) allows you to take advantage of SQL Server 2005 Service Pack 2 (SP2) report processing and management capabilities within Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007. The download provides the following functionality:
- A Report Viewer Web Part that provides report viewing capability, export to other rendering formats, page navigation, search, print, and zoom.
- Web application pages so that you can create subscriptions and schedules, and manage reports, models, and data sources.
- Support for using standard Windows SharePoint Services features including document management, collaboration, security, and deployment with report server content types.
The Reporting Services Add-in works together with SP2, which is required on the report server. SP2 provides the following functionality for a report server that is configured for SharePoint integrated mode:
- Synchronization from SharePoint content database to the report server database.
- A custom security extension that uses SharePoint permissions to control access to report server operations.
- A new delivery extension that you can use in subscriptions to deliver reports to SharePoint libraries.
- A revised Reporting Services Configuration tool that you can use to configure a report server for SharePoint integrated operations.
- A new SOAP endpoint for managing report server content in SharePoint integrated mode.
Warning: No automatic upgrade support
Pre-release versions of the Reporting Services Add-in cannot be upgraded to a future version. Also, it is possible that you might not be able to upgrade the report server database that you create in this release. If this occurs, you will have to republish all data files and redefine subscriptions, schedules, report history.