The Microsoft Download Center fairy has been busy!!!
This software is an optional supplement to Windows Server 2008. In Windows Server 2008, the Streaming Media Services role (which includes the latest version of Windows Media Services) and remote administration tools are not included in Server Manager. To obtain the new features and tools available in Windows Media Services for Windows Server 2008, such as the built-in WMS Cache/Proxy plug-in, you must obtain and run the appropriate Streaming Media Services role installer file on the updated platform.
These Microsoft Update Standalone Package (MSU) files install either 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) versions (as noted in the file names) of:
- Windows Media Services and the rest of the Streaming Media Services role in Server Manager, on “full” installations of Standard and Enterprise editions of Windows Server 2008
- The Streaming Media Services Server Core role, on “Server Core” installations of Standard and Enterprise editions of Windows Server 2008
- The Windows Media Services snap-in for Microsoft Management Console (MMC) on a computer that is running the Business, Enterprise, or Ultimate edition of the Microsoft Windows Vista operating system
The Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) is designed to help corporate IT professionals customize and deploy the Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 family of operation systems. The Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) is a set of tools and documentation that support the configuration and the deployment of Windows operating systems. By using Windows AIK, you can perform unattended Windows installations, capture Windows images with ImageX, and create Windows PE images.
System Center Capacity Planner 2007
SCCP 2007 just RTM'd and is now freely available for all to download. Previously, this tool was available only for TechNet Plus and MSDN Premium subscribers, but now it's available for all.
The new version adds the following new capabilities:
- Application model for Exchange Server 2007
- Extensibility with new models from Microsoft, including Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0. A model for System Center Operations Manager 2007 will be available soon.
- New, more powerful deployment wizards deliver unprecedented ease of use
- Support for 64-bit processor architectures
- Comprehensive reporting of disk IO and storage utilizations
- Increased flexibility in customizing server usage profiles
The SharePoint Capacity Planning Tool is a set of free models of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 (WSS) and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS). The two models use the analysis and simulation features of System Center Capacity Planner 2007 (SCCP) to help you explore suitable IT infrastructure options for your SharePoint deployment, based on the SharePoint usage requirements for your organization that you provide to the tool. It can give you a head start on planning your SharePoint topology by producing a first approximation of the topology your organization needs. Architects, systems integrators, and deployment engineers will find it to be a valuable starting point for further refinements of the topology.
- Built-in knowledge of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Built-in knowledge of Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Recommended topology in a Graphical User Interface
- Export topology to Visio and server configuration to Excel
- Create custom hardware
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Virtual Machine. This demo is a one computer setup with Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and associated Microsoft Dynamics CRM clients for Microsoft Office Outlook and Microsoft Internet Explorer.
This demonstration also contains Microsoft SQL Server 2005, Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, Microsoft Office Communications Server and client, Microsoft SharePoint services, and Microsoft PerformancePoint Server 2007. Full details about the image are included in the virtual machine itself.
That should keep you busy for a while. What are you waiting for? Get downloading!