Quickly Identify, Classify and Protect your Data on Windows "8" Servers!
Announcing the Data Classification Toolkit for Windows Server "8" Beta!
A successful data classification program requires careful planning in these critical areas:
Identification of applicable IT GRC authority documents.
Documentation of controls to satisfy authority document requirements.
Definition of corresponding classification policies.
Implementation of classification policies.
Preservation of evidence demonstrating implementation of effective controls.
This powerful toolkit is designed to help you develop a successful data classification strategy using new features in Windows Server "8" Beta.
Key toolkit features include:
- An out-of-the-box classification configuration package.
- Mapping for PCI-DSS and NIST 800-53 standards.
- Enhanced User Experience:
- A scenario-driven user interface.
- A Classification Wizard to configure file server classification infrastructure.
- A Claims Wizard to help configure claim values.
- Support for Windows Server "8" Dynamic Access Control, including new features that:
- Support out-of-the-box rights management tasks.
- Support global and secure properties.
- Manage and report default Central Access Policy on your file servers.
- Provide a user and device claims wizard to help you determine claim values.
- Provide tools for Active Directory Central Access Policy configuration export and import.
- Support both Windows Server "8" Beta and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 file servers.
The toolkit enables you to:
Identify, classify, and protect data on file servers across your environment.
Provide support for Windows Server "8" Beta, as well as for hybrid environments that combine servers running Windows Server "8" Beta and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1.
Easily configure a default Central Access Policy across multiple servers in your organization.
Build and deploy policies to protect critical information in a cost-effective manner.
Centralize reporting of controls applied to data on all file servers in your organization.
Get ready for Windows Server "8" Beta and stay on top of your compliance efforts. The Data Classification Toolkit offers support for new Windows Server "8" Beta features such as Dynamic Access Control, and provides backward compatibility for existing functionality in the earlier version of the toolkit. The toolkit provides support for configuring data compliance features on file servers running both Windows Server "8" Beta and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 to help automate the file classification process, and make file management more efficient. The final release of Windows Server "8" is right around the corner. Make sure your compliance process and policies are up to date!
Simplify configuring Central Access Policy. This version of the Data Classification Toolkit allows you to provision and standardize Central Access Policy across the forest, and apply default access policy on your file servers. The toolkit also provides a tool to provision user and device claim values based on Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) resources to help simplify the configuration process for Windows Server "8" Beta Dynamic Access Control. You also can easily track and report existing Central Access Policy on file shares.
Strengthen your data compliance user experience. The toolkit adds a UI to the existing Windows PowerShell experience, including a Classification Wizard for managing file classification and Central Access Policy on the file servers in your organization. The UI also offers a wizard that you can use to build claim values in AD DS.
Call to Action!
- Use this link to join the Data Classification Toolkit for Windows Server "8" Beta program (a Windows Live ID is required): http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=217117.
- After joining the beta program, you'll be able to download the toolkit and give us your feedback through the Microsoft Connect website.
- If you have already joined the beta program, this link will take you to the program details page: https://connect.microsoft.com/site715/DCT.